Server Status

Membership

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashleaf

re: RATED BG, again!

Hey again Voracity pvp'ers,

I'd still like to try this whole rated BG thing if we still have some willing fodder... I mean team mates - unfortunately I wasn't expecting how buggy the rated BG system would be at launch.

For some time wins were counting as losses - eww. And the queue times were/are pretty bad I hear, but I believe both of those issues have been addressed. Queue times will probably always be a variable, but we can try various time slots and see what we get.

Now in the past when we've done Voracity pvp stuff, it's very very casual. And that is fine, but it tends to get rather difficult quickly if we manage to progress at all. I mean casual is great for a weekend or two, but if we actually want to get enough conquest points to get some items we’re going to need to organize a little more.

To start off, I think I would be happy just filling the group. Resi or no resi, getting in the BG as a guild and trying it out will probably make up the first handful of matches we have. But from there, hopefully we can start looking into possible unit comps and using pvp specs/gears.

For example, if we go with a 10 man BG group, we could have 2 groups of 5 (alpha unit and omega unit or w/e you like) And each unit might have specific tactics depending on the situation. So Alpha unit is the flag-running group and Omega is on D. Pretty rough example but you get the idea.

Obv, we’re not there yet so I don’t want to put the cart in front of the mechanostrider, but eventually we will have lots of resi gear and can mix and match our comps/specs at will!

Questions?
ruggerpally

sounds good. I am limited to weekends for raids/dungeons/pvp unfortuntely. If u set something up for then ide be more than happy to tromp around with you guys!
shelmann
Inactive

I'm sure there are a couple of us who would be up for something such as this wink

PVP is where I'm having the most fun in game, and am more than willing to run regular bgs in a group to get some honor and resi gear for people. Having the communication available in mumble makes a huge difference. The group for reg bgs is limited to a group a 5, but in the smaller bgs that can be a game changer.
Ashleaf

We had a great first run at this yesterday and I definitely hope to keep it going! Still need a few more peeps so we can field a 10 man rated team, but even with only 4 of us the signature voracity smack down was laid upon our enemies!

Also for those who haven't had a chance to try arenas this season I highly recommend it! The system is much improved upon the previous incarnations, and I found it to be a lot more accessible. For example: 268 conquest points for my first win of the season, to give you an idea. No more waiting until Tuesday to get your points. No more making sure everyone on the team has participated in 33% of the team’s games or some people won’t get points. Just Q up and if you win you get points, if you lose you get squat.

There is a cap on how many points you can earn in a week so it’s not like you can get fully geared after a handful of matches. But a handful of matches per week is most likely enough to reach the point cap which means about 3 weeks until you can afford the pvp weapons.

I’ll put up another pvp block for next Sunday unless folks prefer a different day/time.

Rawr!!!
Larhymir
Inactive

Nice work, Ash.

Generally speaking 4-5 wins will cap your points. I'm down to pvp with ya guys, but alas sunday evenings dont work to well at the present. Ill catch ya'll when i can!
Quenela
Inactive

Yeah, we seem to have some good interest in PvP this time around. And I think there are some that might be interested when they see how much fun we're having Happy

I mentioned the Sunday PvP runs to a friend of mine. He's a very good player, not a lot of PvP gear yet but the season is just getting rolling.

Also, I'm planning on making macro a post the Add ons, etc. section, keep your eyes peeled for it and feel free to contribute some of your macro ideas
shelmann
Inactive

A tid bit of info that may be quite interesting for us. All rated bgs are going to the 10v10 format instead of alternating weekly with the 15v15 format. It was also mentioned that the other maps would be altered to support 10v10 to have more variety in maps available.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Voracity Forum Index -> PvP All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: