Server Status

Membership

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Second
Officer

re: I'm not alone! :-)

Here I was thinking I was just being old and fumble fingered ... now there is a whole article http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/06/scattered-shots-hunters-have-too-many-buttons/about feature bloat and someone outlined our opening sequence. On that LFR run (my first) I was struggling to keep up with the CD's. I managed to keep in the middle of the pack (where hunter's supposedly are) against folks in much better gear but damn ... zero chance to enjoy the scenery.

"As a quick example, when we were talking with Roger Brown of top guild Method on the Hunting Party Podcast 151, he was explaining that his opening for BM (before the Lynx Rush change) was something similar to this:

Potion
Serpent Sting
Kill Command
Dire Beast
Stampede
Glaive Toss
Rapid Fire
Arcane Shot
Arcane Shot
Bestial Wrath
Kill Command
Arcane Shot until all trinkets proc
Lynx Rush
Kill Command
Readiness
Kill Command
Lynx Rush

The exact "proper" opener for BM is much debated, and often not in a very friendly way. But setting aside for the moment right and wrong sequences, that's a flippin' lot of buttons! With the many short-duration cooldowns there is no pattern, no rotation to our shot order to fall into. It's constantly juggling a ton of buttons while the fire you're standing in burns a hole in your ass. A second one, that is."

I would have to figure away to Macro that shit

I've a few ... and they are slowly being refined, modifiers help.

CD's all over the map and proc's being critical make a big bulk macro impractical.

5.1 made Lynx Rush less of a solid opening burst choice (thank you Pv effing P) and Crows has a longer CD (2 min) that matches better with other's than LR's 1.5 minute one did.

I'm looking at some of the other dps rotations and the simpler ones are topping the charts. Go figure :-)

May Be Something like this ?

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Dire Beast,Focus Fire
/cast Blink Strike
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire
/cast [combat]Bestial Wrath

Ha!

The Macro Master!

Now that Cobra can be cast on the run it might be Ok to sequence it.

I like to save something for a burn phase and using both BW and FR at the same time is not what I tend to do I will definitely try it out! Thanks!

/startattack
/castsequence reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Dire Beast,Focus Fire
/cast Blink Strike
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire
/cast [combat]Bestial Wrath

Jump to: