Membership

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Second
Officer

re: Poker instead of WoW!

Forum Image

And I didn't lose money!

RLFTW on occasion :-)

Still have to be mindful of Loot Rules though!

Abusing the News forum to put neat pictures on the front page, I see.

Haven't played poker in quite some time; we had a falling out when I played with a know-it-all friend who was trying to put my on tilt in a friendly game. Such unnecessary competitiveness turned me off, and I haven't yet been back.

I'm a math person, though; I've been invited probably 12 times since I last played. I won't be able to hold out forever.

guild poker night at bfi's house?!?!?!

Clubberlane
Inactive

Poker is mainly a game for me to lose at. I know there is strategy and all that, but normally I just bet on stuff because it is more fun to bet than not. Betting because you are bored seems to actually be not a sound strategy for the game.

True that! I'm getting better at it but I'm still bad :-)

Fun with the right crowd, sheer hell with the wrong one. Ours is a very friendly game. Playing poker with math teachers is always a challenge. We have one who routinely hits Vegas and just cleans up. He comes and plays with us for the social aspect. In Vegas he reserves a table and a 2 deck shoe and plays himself .vs the house. He's friends with the guy 21 was based on. Scary smart, can literally tell me what cards I have in my hand based on how I bet.

Worst poker experience I ever had.... My hand = Ace of Clubs, Ace of Diamonds, Ace of Spades, King of Clubs, and King of Diamonds. My opponent? Ace of Hearts, King of Hearts, Queen of Hearts, Jack of Hearts, and Ten of Hearts. It was a table of 5 of my friends so 6 hands total. Talk about sucking the air right out of a room. Lets just say I lost a fair chunk of change for an 18 year old and leave it at that. The sad thing was it was 5 card draw. I had the 3 aces and drew the kings. He had the other ace and a king, drew 3 and pulled that out. Only time I've ever seen a royal flush in my life too.

If you get within a hundred feet of Agent Rossi, I will unleash an unrecoverable virus onto your personal computer system that will reduce your electronic world into something between a Commodore 64, and a block of government cheese.
Kassandi
Inactive

Lol!

How 'bout bridge instead of poker? I'd be game for that!

Inactive

My favorite hand was back when I played constantly on the internet (pre-WoW). Was usual 10-handed Texas Hold-em, and 5 people were in pre-flop. The flop was K K K. A round of 'omg,' a bet pushed one guy out, and the turn came. K. A round of 'omFg, who has the Ace,' no bets, and the river. A. A bet, and SOMEONE FOLDED. Needless to say, he didn't stay at the table long.

Too bad I wasn't in that one. I did draw a straight flush once, but I've never seen a Royal.

Wolfromm wrote:
Worst poker experience I ever had.... My hand = Ace of Clubs, Ace of Diamonds, Ace of Spades, King of Clubs, and King of Diamonds. My opponent? Ace of Hearts, King of Hearts, Queen of Hearts, Jack of Hearts, and Ten of Hearts. It was a table of 5 of my friends so 6 hands total. Talk about sucking the air right out of a room. Lets just say I lost a fair chunk of change for an 18 year old and leave it at that. The sad thing was it was 5 card draw. I had the 3 aces and drew the kings. He had the other ace and a king, drew 3 and pulled that out. Only time I've ever seen a royal flush in my life too.

At 18 years of age, I'm thinking cold deck....unsavory friends you must have kept Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Voracity Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: